Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Reports To: VP Operations and Engineering & Inside Sales/Contracts Manager
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt Position
Pay Rate: Hourly/DOE
Shift Requirement: Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 4:00pm. Overtime as required.
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides high-level clerical support to an executive, director, or department head-level employee, performing a variety of clerical duties and skilled tasks that may include preparing reports, conducting research, and collecting data.
To perform this position successfully, the individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of experience in an Administrative or Executive Assistant role.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Detail-oriented and professional.
- Must possess the ability to self-motivate in a multifaceted, high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional and precise verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, including friendly phone communication.
- Basic understanding of office equipment.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and reliably.
- Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different personalities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks including delegation of tasks when appropriate.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly acquire, familiarity with the roles and function of the assigned department, and any specifically applicable laws or guidelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A team player who is proactive, flexible, results-oriented, and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides high-level administrative support to an assigned executive or director.
- Collects requested data and information from various sources including email and other correspondence, meeting minutes and records, and other documents; prepares summaries of findings and/or other related written correspondence as requested.
- Maximizing the executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating phone calls on their behalf.
- Assist in management of email inbox for supervisor, including drafting responses to inbound client inquiries, contracts, etc. and tagging for appropriate follow up.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations.
- May conduct research (within skills and expertise) to assist with projects or inquiries.
- Coordinates and schedules, meetings, and appointments.
- Making travel arrangements including flight, car, and hotel bookings.
- Prepares agendas and schedules for meetings, conferences, and other assigned events; takes and distributes minutes or other notes as requested.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Welcomes and directs visitors and clients.
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary.
- Performs other general clerical and administrative duties as requested, which may include recordkeeping, managing expenses, maintaining office supplies, and coordinating equipment maintenance, and handling packages and correspondence.
- Other executive admin responsibilities as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- This position will be working indoors in an office environment but may also require the employee to be in production areas on a regular basis. From this movement, the employee will encounter varying temperatures, lighting conditions, and air quality from one area to the next.
- The noise level in the work environment is at acceptable levels but can be higher from time to time in some areas.