Industrial Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Technician
Reports To: VP Operations and Engineering and Production Manager
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt Position
Shift Requirement: Day shift and must have availability to work on the weekend’s as necessary to meet the demands of this position.
Responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures.
To perform this position successfully the individual must be able to satisfactorily complete all areas outlined below. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Understanding of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Industrial Maintenance experience is preferred.
- Industrial Maintenance certification is preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and understand prints and drawings.
- Ability to weld (structural).
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and perform repairs.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair: pneumatic, fluid, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Ability to work with tools particular to industrial maintenance such as: welding, cutting, pipe-threading/sweating, and mechanical repair.
- Understanding of facility systems pertaining to electricity, air, and water.
- Ability to operate plant equipment such as: forklift, scissor lift, boom lift, etc…
- A team player that is a highly disciplined, problem-solver with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- BODY POSITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time. There are also periods of time when the employee will be sitting.
- BODY MOVEMENTS: The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals, and the ability to bend, reach, and crouch.
- STRENGTH: Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- This position will be working primarily indoors in a production environment. The employee will encounter a variety of temperatures, lighting conditions, and air quality within the plant.
- The noise level in the work environment is at acceptable level. Hearing protection may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary purpose of the Maintenance Technician is to coordinate and perform work within the facility. It is the aim of the Maintenance Technician to ensure that the facility and production systems can perform at required rates. Also, Maintenance Technicians must set the example in efforts to make Westland a better place to work. Maintenance will also:
- Solving mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues on various production and facility equipment.
- Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns.
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures, electrical schematics, blueprints, service manuals, and work orders to perform required maintenance work
- (Dis)assembling/installing new machines, condition monitoring sensors, equipment, etc.
- Handling assigned work orders and PMs
- Performing a variety of routine maintenance tasks.
- Dealing with incoming work requests.
- Cleaning and maintaining the tools you work with.
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel, and follow safety protocol.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure team’s Safety and always wear required PPE.
- Ensure team’s compliance with all company guidelines and procedures.
- Complete all paperwork as required within your shift.
- Drive housekeeping and keep work area clean, and neat.
- Train and direct employees.
- Communicate with management during shift about any problems or issues.
- Participate in production meetings, and complete all other duties as assigned by Manager.