Job Title: Production Operative
Reports To: Production Manager
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt Position
Pay Rate: Hourly/DOE
Shift Requirement: Day shift Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 3:45pm. Swing Shift Monday thru Friday from 3:30pm to 12:15am. Overtime as required.
Job Summary: The Production Operative worker is responsible for meeting quality standards and
deadline for products. Will perform various tasks such as operating machinery, cutting, trimming, sanding, assembling, and packaging of finished rubber/urethane materials and parts.
To perform this position successfully, the individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous factory/warehouse work experience is desired.
- One or more years’ experience as an Operator is preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand product specifications in English.
- Basic math skills required.
- Familiarity with precision measuring instruments is required.
- Ability to work with small tools, such as, knives, and/or scissors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- BODY POSITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time. There are also periods of time when the employee will be sitting.
- BODY MOVEMENTS: The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals, and the ability to bend, reach, twist, push, pull and crouch on a regular basis.
- BODY SENSES: Must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from near to far.
- STRENGTH: Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- This position will be working primarily indoors in a production environment but also requires the employee to move through other production areas on a regular basis. From this movement, the employee will encounter varying temperatures, lighting conditions, and air quality from one area to the next.
- The noise level in the work environment is at acceptable levels but can be higher from time to time in some areas.
- Operatives been delegated the authority required to successfully accomplish all of the duties and responsibilities of this position.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
The primary purpose of the Operative is to work within production to produce quality goods accordance with production specifications. Meet or exceed customer expectations while constantly making Westland work, making Westland work better, and make Westland a better place to work in as efficient and safe manner as possible.
- Complete all paperwork as required during the course of the shift.
- Keep work areas clean and safe.
- Follow and abide by all company’s safety requirements and always wear required PPE.
- Follow and abide by all company’s guidelines and procedures.
- Adheres to all company’s Quality practices and guidelines.
- Complete all paperwork as required within your shift.
- Train new employees.
- Communicate with other departments and during shift changes about any problems or issues.
- Complete any/or all other duties as assigned by Lead/Supervisor.